From time to time I like to indulge in some homemade granola. Check out my go-to, yummy recipe that always hits the spot! 🙂
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats (High in Fiber)
- 1/2 cup chopped almond slivers (Healthy fat to fight off heart disease & diabetes)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (High in Antioxidants)
- 1/2 cup mixed dried berries & raisins (I like blueberries, cranberries, raisins & golden raisins)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricot (Dried fruits help regulate digestion)
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Large handful of Flax Seeds (High in Omega-3 essential fatty acids)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (Helps lower bad cholesterol & arthritis pain)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (Strengthens the immune system)
- 1/4 cup honey (Aids in controlling blood sugar levels)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, nuts, dried fruit, shredded coconut, flax seed, cinnamon & salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut oil, honey & brown sugar. Bring to a boil (usually takes about 3 min.) and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Drizzle the syrup over the oat mixture and toss with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the granola onto the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake until golden (around 18min.) and stirring at least 3 times to prevent burning.
- Let granola cool completely on a wire rack.
- Break into chunks and store in an airtight container.