My husband & I are so excited to finally have trick-or-treaters this year! We’ve also decided to have a few friends over for some Halloween-inspired appetizers, so thankfully Pinterest prevailed! Check out some HEALTHY Halloween treats that will leave your guests grossed out, but reaching for seconds. 🙂 For additional ideas, check out my Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/kaleighl/halloween-party/
Homemade Guacamole “Throw-Up”
- 4 Ripe Avocados
- 1/4 Cup diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped Red Onion
- 1 Jalapeno or Serrano, seeds removed & finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh Cilantro
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Sea Salt & Pepper to Taste
Mix all of the ingredients but the Avocados, Sea Salt & Pepper. Mash the Avocados & fold in additional ingredients. Finish with Sea Salt & Pepper to taste!
Date Stuffed “Cockroaches”
- Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 log of Goat Cheese
- Marcona Almonds
- Rosemary Sprigs
- Plastic Cockroaches
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the dates length-wise to insert a dollop of goat cheese, one almond, and several rosemary sprigs. Re-seal the dates as best as you can.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes just to soften the cheese & dates. Garnish with plastic cockroaches! Yum!
Raw Cookie Dough Cake Pops
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked, Rinsed and Drained Chickpeas (Canned is fine)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Natural Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips or Dark Chocolate Chips
- About 2 Cups Vegan White Chocolate Chips
- Additional 1/8 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place all Cookie Dough Ingredients excluding the chocolate chips into your food processor and blend until completely smooth stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Mix chocolate chips into your batter using a spatula.
- Place ingredients in a glass baking dish or loaf pan and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and using a melon baller or spoon roll into 1 inch cookie dough balls and place on a plate.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave or double boiler.
- Remove cookie dough balls from the freezer and dip each ball or coat evenly with melted white chocolate. Place in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Melt additional chocolate chips & decorate the cake balls like a skeleton or ghost (see below)
- Enjoy immediately or place in a sealed tight container in the freezer