We are all in the midst of holiday gatherings and gift exchanges. That can always be challenging for not only your wallet, but also your waistline. I’ve found a few yummy cookie recipes that are perfect gifts for friends & family. They are super simple to make, healthy, easy on the budget and SO delicious! I guarantee you will be asked for the recipes 🙂
Flourless Peanut or Almond Butter Brownie Cookies
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup All-Natural Peanut Butter or Almond Butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl beat the egg. In a medium mixing bowl add the beaten egg, peanut/almond butter, brown sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder, & vanilla extract. Mix everything very well. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
Roll a heaping spoon full of the dough into a ball and gently flatten onto the baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. They will look soft and under-baked, but I guarantee they will be yummy! Allow them to cool for about 10 minutes and ENJOY 🙂
Gingerbread Cookie Dough Balls
- 2 Cups Raw, Unsalted Cashews
- 10 – 12 Medjool Dates (pitted & halved)
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Powdered Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Water (if needed)
- Coconut Sugar &/or Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly toast the cashews for 8-10 minutes, stirring once. Let cool.
Place the cooled cashews, dates, spices, & salt into food processor bowl. Whiz until the nuts are finely ground and the mixture starts clumping. If it seems too dry, add the tablespoon of water until the dough forms into a ball. Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
Place the coconut sugar &/or cocoa powder into a bowl. Make small balls out of the dough & roll them into the sugar &/or cocoa powder. Store in a covered container in the fridge & ENJOY!
Here are a couple of other Holiday-inspired cookie recipes I will definitely be trying over the next few weeks!